What was the 'Relivo' game?

Reading a George Cunningham book, I found a game by the name of 'Relivo' mentioned quite a few times, anyone know what it was?

My time at kids games was 40's-50's.

I think Relivo was a kind of Hide and go seek.

The person who was "It" had to find kids who were hidden.

This was starting from a base.i.e. corner of an entry ,gate post etc.

When the person who was "It" was away from the base if you could reach it before the "It" person you shouted "Relivo" and all the kids that had been found were released.

Maybe someone can elucidate better than me

My time at kids games was 40's-50's.

I think Relivo was a kind of Hide and go seek.

The person who was "It" had to find kids who were hidden.

This was starting from a base.i.e. corner of an entry ,gate post etc.

When the person who was "It" was away from the base if you could reach it before the "It" person you shouted "Relivo" and all the kids that had been found were released.

Maybe someone can elucidate better than me

'1,2,3 done ya'?:confused::huh:

I lived on the Manor from the early 50s to getting married in the early 70s.

We played a game called Delavio,sometimes 20 a side,that's 40 young

people having fun & no trouble.No chance of that happening now.

these were our rules as I remember them.

There were 2 teams of equal numbers.

1 team would go & hide & the other team would leave a few people to

guard their den or cell,the rest would go & try to capture members of the other team.

The team searching had to catch members of the other team,they had to get hold of

them & say 1 2 3 Delavio caught,they then put them in the den or cell.

Captured team members could be rescued by any free team members,they had to

get to the den or cell get hold of the catured team member & say 1 2 3 Delavio away.

When all the hiding team had been captured,it would be their turn to search for the other team

We played it in the early 90's almost exactly as APPOLO describes except to free a captured team member we just had to tag them while they were in the den. we would spend all night playing, everyone wanted to play, no sitting in with your Amstrad or Commedore64.

We used a lamp-post as the "den". Kids would go and hide whilst you turned around, closed your eyes and counted up to whatever was decided. You would then shout "coming, ready or not" and then you had to find them. Once "discovered" you raced them back to the den, touched it and called out 2-4-6-8-10 delevo (it sometimes got changed to delagio) If someone beat you back they released all the kids and you were "on" again or the first kid you beat back was on.

Good old days - any one fancy a game?

Archived