ID and getting in town

richy32

Is it the same place? A Citizen card isn't valid ID for most places - certainly where I'd work we'd only accept a passport or driving licence. Any student/citizen/proof of age card wouldn't make it past our front door let alone to the bar.

same at place i work at

That said, the owner of the J.D.Wetherspoon chain and his daughter were recently turned away from one of his premises as they didn't have and I.D.. He's 50+ and his daughter's mid 20's...some places are just outrageous, not saying they shouldn't be careful, they should, of course, especially as the police are increasingly seeking to prosecute errant licensees but that is a touch ridiculous. That wasn't Sheffield but I've been out with people who are clearly over 18 and they've been refused service, sometime you get the impression door staff/bar staff relish it?

That said, the owner of the J.D.Wetherspoon chain and his daughter were recently turned away from one of his premises as they didn't have and I.D.. He's 50+ and his daughter's mid 20's...some places are just outrageous, not saying they shouldn't be careful, they should, of course, especially as the police are increasingly seeking to prosecute errant licensees but that is a touch ridiculous. That wasn't Sheffield but I've been out with people who are clearly over 18 and they've been refused service, sometime you get the impression door staff/bar staff relish it?

why? people don't want an £80 fine for doing their job. better to be safe than sorry.

Its a judgement call as to ID people. I would see it as a compliment if I got ID'd :)

They should make genuine seeming people sign a disclaimer saying that they aren't doing anything for the police and if they did turn out to be under 18 they'll pay the fine or something...:huh:

it doesn't make it legal to give a child alcohol just because they signed a 'disclaimer' :-)

Archived