Seasons (Abbeydale Road) New management

voodoodanny

Hi

As several of you may already know, my dad and I ran Seasons on Abbeydale Road up until the end of July this year.

We have since handed the reigns over to new blood, a chap named Tony (hi and good luck if you are reading) and I was just wondering if anyone had eaten there since it changed hands.

I don't have much cause to be in that part of town anymore and I think going to eat there would be too much of an emotional experience for me (ha!) so I have no idea what the place is like these days - although as far as I'm aware Tim, one of our old chefs, is still in residence.

There's not been much talk about the place on the forums since I left so I wondered what people thought.

now then lad, came in a few times when you and yer old man ran it and thoroughly enjoyed it :) not been back since but would love to know if the same high standards have been kept up! :thumbsup:

Ello matey!

I hope so, Tim was a hard working chef and Tony, the new honcho, seemed like a really nice guy. He deserves to do well.

So, go check it out?

Like I said, I don't think i'd be comfortable eating there as a paying diner, not after helping to build and run the place way back when. It'd be too 'weird' and I don't think I'd be comfortable - that might not make sense to you but that's just how it is for me.

Anyway, I was interested in what others thought and whether it had changed much from a non biased viewpoint.

Yeah sorry, I did read what you had said :)

I just felt that if you were that interested, then you could always pop in for a quick bite. Who knows, you might even get it on the house :)

Nice thought but knowing how tight finances were when we had the place, Tony would probably have to go without food for a week if he fed me for free!

I could pay and eat there if I was really, REALLY curious but, well, you know what I was saying about tight finances? hehe. Asking people on the forum seemed a much more cost effective plan!

I know exactly what you mean Danny. I don't think I'd want to go back in your place either - bit like a date with your ex!

I went for the first time with my mum and stepdad a few weeks before you changed hands, and it was the best meal out we've ever had. So was hoping someone would give some feed back so I'd know whether I'd be dissapointed going back again!

Archived