Ford Focus any good as a first car?

I love my FF, it's strong and feels safe. The handling is fantastic!! Good insurance group, reasonable priced parts.

For a first car though I wouldn't recommend one, i'd have something small like a new fiesta or something. If you do get a FF; get a small 1.4 engine or similar but not sure of how powerful it'd be. My friend has a fiesta 1.2s and it beats mine coming out of a roundabout, it flies!! Very nippy and she doesn;t pay a lot in insurance or tax.

Mine is a 1.8, costs about £10 for 80miles in petrol but I do have an Ecotek valve fitted and £200 tax per year!!!! :(

Yea Honda Jazz 1.4 Dsi Se 51.5 Mpg And Nt Diesel

looks like all the millions of focus owners got it wrong then.you obviously have a jazz and didnt bother to drive a focus the focus is more smiles per mile than any other bread and butter car i have ever driven,and much better than many more expensive cars too a little plasticy compared with some but as a first car would take some beating.

hondas dont need mending fordr do hondas dont break down fords do so i dont know what you mean you get what you pay for ive never had a problem with my 4 hondas and they keep there money fords dont so what did you mean carnt beat hondas.

EY?

honda ins group 3 and 53.2 and not a diesel

road tax 115PA

and you can hardely hear it running.

Archived