Ford Focus any good as a first car?

get yourself a ford focus best selling car it run ""awards"" so must have been doing something right,and if it does go wrong you know the parts are cheap not like jap cars

But if he was to go jap, he wont need parts. His jap car wont break like a ford ;)

Maybe we were just unlucky and got a bad 'un, but we had a Focus until very recently and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. The worst thing about it was that it seemed to be invisible to other road users, people would pull out in front of it constantly and we had near misses on a daily basis. It broke down more than all the other cars we've had put together. I found it uncomfortable both as passenger and driver, and the boot could only be opened either with the key or by a button on the dashboard, no button on the boot itself. Fortunately the only time I dropped my keys in the boot then slammed it shut was outside my house and I could get the spare key, but the time it closed on me trapping my finger while the key was in the ignition was a nightmare. I traded it in last week for a Toyota Corolla and am now in honeymoon mode.

A Focus is a good choice (although maybe not as a 1st car IMO as you're likely to damage it!)

I had (quite literally) hundreds of these as hire cars. Its one of the few makes/models i was unable to break, unlike the 3 Hondas and dozen (or so) fiats that i did!

Good handling (for a family car), comfy seats and reasonably well equiped...Cant go wrong really.

Maybe we were just unlucky and got a bad 'un, but we had a Focus until very recently and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. The worst thing about it was that it seemed to be invisible to other road users, people would pull out in front of it constantly and we had near misses on a daily basis. It broke down more than all the other cars we've had put together. I found it uncomfortable both as passenger and driver, and the boot could only be opened either with the key or by a button on the dashboard, no button on the boot itself. Fortunately the only time I dropped my keys in the boot then slammed it shut was outside my house and I could get the spare key, but the time it closed on me trapping my finger while the key was in the ignition was a nightmare. I traded it in last week for a Toyota Corolla and am now in honeymoon mode.

yes the boot is a bugger and leaving the keys in the car is also bad as newer fords lock after 30seconds as well central locking for you,could not afford a jap car might be better might not be but think there are more expensive tho to buy than same size ford with same gizmos inside

What does anybody think of this as a first car?

I'd suggest it be a third or fourth car.

For a first car you want a really big, really fast one, with big fluffy dice hanging from the rear view mirror, a really loud music system that plays that bass beat music that makes the car jump.

Oh, and you need a really loud exhaust (loud enough to be heard over the bass rythmn).

That's what the lads who rip it up down Morrisons, Hillsbro car park at night all have.

:hihi::hihi:

Archived