Wouldent it be nice

Nearly There

to go out, without the fear of assault or muggins or stabbing..at my age im in the prime for going out but im always looking over my shoulder ..these days 7 out a 10 lads are carrying some type of weapon...and most blame it down to WEED they smoke that much the make their self para...im not against it complete but some people go over the top. Any comments?

As if you should feel threatened! I am out pretty much every weekend and never so much as see a hint of trouble. People who get into fights tend to get themselves into it by not being big enough to walk away. Also depends on where you go as well I guess and the crowd your with but you shouldt be paranoid of town per se.

....these days 7 out a 10 lads are carrying some type of weapon...and most blame it down to WEED they smoke ........ Any comments?

Well yeah a couple of questions I guess.

Where did you get your information ?

Can you please, please please post a link ?

Is a hand, a foot, etc not a weapon ?

"Wouldent it be nice to go out, without the fear of assault or muggins or stabbing" ~ OP

Have you been brought up in a strict religous surrounding ?

Are you really this scared of going out ?

Have you considered professional advice ?

i go downtowm alot im not on about local pubs nothings up with them.. but there much much of a good time...no one can say here that when they,ve gone down town they havent seen or heard of someone being attacked or stabbed

I no longer venture into town of an evening but when I used to do the clubs and pubs back in the late 1980s/early 90s, I'd see the odd scuffle and scrap. I might once in a while get confronted by someone who obviously couldn't hold their beer like they thought they could asking me to 'come and have a go' but these were very few and far between.

However, the biggest difference in the last 20 years is the overall attitude to alcohol. A year back I found myself driving down West Street and Division Street at around 7 or 8 o'clock. The amount of young people already drunk to the eyeballs, shouting, staggering, running across busy roads and resembling a posse of hookers surprised me. It used to be throwing out time before you saw such drunkenness.

That behaviour alone would put me off. If it's like this at 8 o'clock, what's it like at mid-night?

Maybe it's time for some pubs and clubs to refuse to serve kids who are clearly off their heads? And the mind boggles if these kind of kids have access to knives or worse....,

Maybe it's time for some pubs and clubs to refuse to serve kids who are clearly off their heads? And the mind boggles if these kind of kids have access to knives or worse....,

Ironically it is still an offence to serve a drunk person with alcohol so if we actually applied this rule the city centre would be lovely and peaceful at night.

Archived