Good Dog Pubs (with food)

Strix

Originally posted by msbehavin

And does anybody know where we can take the dog to watch the footy? (premiership matches, mostly)

Clever dog that Strix - does he not like a walk or a bit of ball throwing like most of 'em then?

Yup, but he thinks 'playing for the corner' is the whole point of the game. You should see his footwork! And he's spot on at passing! Plays with his paws, unlike alot of dogs, who refer to use their nose.

• 7 months later...

Do you know any dog friendly pubs/restaurants in Sheffield please?

I know of a lot outside of Sheffield and there are quite a few out on the greenbelt.

I'm looking for anywhere really, I believe there's some nice one's around Lodgemoor too.

If you know of any could you list them below please? I think most pubs are happy to have dogs in the beer garden and the ones like Aunt Sally's you can eat with a dog as long as you eat outside.

What about the pubs/restuarant where you can take the dog into the pub? I know of one restaurant (can't remember what it's called) near Lady Bower I think where the dog can sit under the table while you eat, do you know of any like that?

Just be interested to know for future reference!

Lottie xx

unfortunately although it is not illegal to take your dog into a restaurant you will have trouble finding somewhere.

i have 5 dogs and the only cafe i ever found was graves park.

we have to stand outside the greasy spoons in laybys more often than not.

Originally posted by Debk

Try http://www.doggiepubs.org.uk/redirect.php/29

"WENTWORTH The Rockingham Arms

A good old fashioned country pub, serving traditional home made food in a friendly and welcoming environment, hugely popular with local dog owners. Two separate bar areas, and 2 beer gardens in summer, where you can enjoy your meal and your dog can peruse the exclusive doggie menu for a dinner bowl "

Eeeeeeh, whatever next? (I was going to put 'barking' but, erm...)

:P

Hi

In Derbyshire our dogs have been happily welcomed inside these pubs... They're all lovely places too:

The Pub at Monsal Head

The Little John in Hathersage

The Barrel, Bretton nr Hathersage

The Travellers Rest nr Hope

The Red Lion in Litton

In Sheffield we've seen dogs in the Fat Cat, Kelham Island - but can't think of anywhere else off hand...

HTH

Misha