Good Dog Pubs (with food)

Strix

• 1 year later...

Strix - or anyone else - could you recommend me somewhere to go tomorrow? :)

Matt & I have the day off work for my Birthday and were looking for somewhere new to go for a nice walk with Gadget followed by a lovely pub lunch. Matt can drive us so we could venture slightly out of Sheffield.

We specifically prefer walks where we can let Gadget offlead for a proper run about - ie woods with streams etc are much better than endless countryside fields with sheep in and walking along roads! 1-2hrs walk would be perfect.

Food-wise; it would be lovely if we could find somewhere with food on a par with the Cricket Inn at Totley - I think tomorrow will be quite hot so would like to be able to choose something lighter than traditional roast!

Am I asking too much??! :P

Haha I was just looking back through the rest of the thread and I asked something very similar (although a little less specific!) exactly two years ago!! :blush:

It makes it look like I only ever go to the pub on my Birthday!

you could try a tramp round Edale (if you're fit enough!) and have lunch at the Ramblers or the Nags Head afterwards. Not quite up to the Cricket's standards, but good pub grub

Most of the places we can recommend are in Scotland!