The Scariest Halloween of all...

goldenfleece

Well I will deffinatly be going, sound slike a fantastic night out and I go in the dove quite a bit now so would be rude of me not to. Not a clue what I will be dressing up as though :suspect:

We are already decorating the place with more skulls and scary stuff than you can imagine......be anything you like, its going

ing to be a top night plus we open until 1am+

We are already decorating the place with more skulls and scary stuff than you can imagine......be anything you like, its going

ing to be a top night plus we open until 1am+

I haven't been in the D&R since i was about 19 (a long long time ago!)

My first job was french polishing and i restored a long ornate clock surrounding that was above the bar.

Carried it from the D&R right up to the Devonshire Green workshop and back again, it must have been 12 foot long!

I would imagine it hasn't survived the numerous refurbs?

Anyway...reminising over, i wouldn't mind coming for an ale or ten.

Do you have to dress up though? I'm a bit long in the tooth for that and i look scarey enough without a mask :)

I haven't been in the D&R since i was about 19 (a long long time ago!)

My first job was french polishing and i restored a long ornate clock surrounding that was above the bar.

Carried it from the D&R right up to the Devonshire Green workshop and back again, it must have been 12 foot long!

I would imagine it hasn't survived the numerous refurbs?

Anyway...reminising over, i wouldn't mind coming for an ale or ten.

Do you have to dress up though? I'm a bit long in the tooth for that and i look scarey enough without a mask :)

We have no clock surround, in fact cant recall seeing one here and I first came in here in 1981....what period are we talking about exactly?

It has changed a bit now, it used to be 2 rooms back in those days.....

We have no clock surround, in fact cant recall seeing one here and I first came in here in 1981....what period are we talking about exactly?

It has changed a bit now, it used to be 2 rooms back in those days.....

1985!

There was a clock above the bar, normal size, but the surround was carved wood.

When we first came to look at the job we thought it would be a doddle but in fact the surround was the full length of the top of the bar tappering down from say 1 foot around the clock to a few inches in size at each end.

The place i worked was The Craft Workshop, part of the Dip n Strip company. (sounds more exciting than it was!!)

Anyway, is it fancy dress only?

1985!

There was a clock above the bar, normal size, but the surround was carved wood.

When we first came to look at the job we thought it would be a doddle but in fact the surround was the full length of the top of the bar tappering down from say 1 foot around the clock to a few inches in size at each end.The place i worked was The Craft Workshop, part of the Dip n Strip company. (sounds more exciting than it was!!)

Anyway, is it fancy dress only?

that clock may well have been there until the refurb and name change in 1993 (name change to Tut N Shive and the old bar and decor was GUTTED).

No its fancy dress optional......

http://dove.hippieboy.imap.cc/halloween07.jpg

Archived