Burngreave... Can anyone tell me?

mini-me

There is a rather large building on Burngreave road.. it looks derelict now... it,s just opposite the junction as you turn left on towards Rutland road.. what was it? and what was it,s purpose.. looks like it was very grand in it's day.

:help:

There is a rather large building on Burngreave road.. it looks derelict now... it,s just opposite the junction as you turn left on towards Rutland road.. what was it? and what was it,s purpose.. looks like it was very grand in it's day.

:help:

Can you be a bit more specific about this building's location?

You mention turning "Left" off Burngreave Road to go towards Rutland Road. There are two roads you could take to get to Pitsmoor Road and eventually Rutland Road: Christ Church Road and Minna Road.

There used to be a Methodist Church on Burngreave Road between these two roads. If its still there, it may be another denomination.

now.

On the other side of Burngreave Raod, nearer to town, is St Catherines RC Church. It is built in red Brick in the Italian architectural style.

Regards

the building is bang next door to the methodist church on burngreave road... it looks immense .. we drive past every day ... and were v curious as to what the building and it,s origins were.. maybe we can stop and explore 1 day but we never seem to get the time lol thanks for your interest anyway :thumbsup:

now the discussion can change lol ty very much

My pleasure :)

I've noticed that biological washing powders can give better results than non-bios, but sometimes the biological powders can cause skin rashes.

What do you all think?

Archived