Dennis Siddall

Born 02/02/1926

|

Stephen Siddall

Born 18/02/1954

|

Lee Siddall

Born 07/07/1981

There was a Dennis Siddall lived on Parson Cross in the seventies and eighties. Moved there from Walkley/Crookes. Had a large family (7 or 8 kids). Eldest would be Steven (current age 50 or 51) then there was Denise, David, Caroline and a few more. Some of the kids had ginger hair. Lovely family - Steven was a good friend of mine. If it rings any bells I can try and give you a few more details.

Steven and I are the same age. I too lived on Wordsworth. We were part of a large group of kids growing up on the Cross at that time. Me (Bushy), your dad, (Tack), Deso (Tack's cousin), Bungi, Wriggo, and the famous Jinx.

The late nineteen sixties was a good time to be a young teenager, as we had just moved into a new era of affluence, which started in the early sixties (with The Beatles I guess) and continued throughout.

By affluence, that doesn't mean we had money to spare. It simply means that we had shoes, food etc. Many of our older brothers and sisters had gone without in the fifties. [First up in the morning would get a pair of socks, 2nd would get odd socks, third none at all, that kind of thing]

I know it's a cliche to say things were good back then, but they really were.

Your dad was the king of the "throwing arrow". Ask him about it. But whatever you do, don't mention Anne and Jaqueline !!!