Best Fish and Chips in Sheffield thread

andyb

"The fish and Chips" off abbeydale is good, excellent fish burgers with an amazing source,

also an old favorite of mine is The Malin Bridge Chippy, Bottom of Stannington Rd, Best fish ever, not to greasy just right, excellent for a hang over too!!!

Just gutted I dont live near there anymore!!!:rant:

"The fish and Chips" off abbeydale is good, excellent fish burgers with an amazing source,

also an old favorite of mine is The Malin Bridge Chippy, Bottom of Stannington Rd, Best fish ever, not to greasy just right, excellent for a hang over too!!!

I know some people like them, but we will have to accept that others are not suited to them. I ventured into Phoenix at woodseats on saturday and bought chips on the way home from the pub, and while very tasty eating. They laid heavily on my stomach all night and felt "soapy" in there. I didn't get a wink of sleep and continued to feel their residue the next day.

I have nothing against the shop or the staff, but I occasionally have a reallly bad supper from there. It is the most welcoming and available shop on woodseats, after the pub. I just wonder if something can be done to improve the situation.

I normally go to the chinese take away in the next block, and their stuff never causes me any problems at all. But their chips taste a bit more like oven chips. Very dry.

Best chippy during daylight hours is "Moorfoot Fisheries".

More chips than you can eat in one sitting (without practice), a breadcake and lashings of Salt and Vinegar all for £1.20.

There's nowt finer when thi stomach thinks thi throat's been cut i tell thi.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone remember the Fisherman (I think) that used to be underneath the Sheaf market - their vinegar was ace, that proper smell of mucky chippies!!

My vote (although I have been seconded to Barnsley for some time) would have to be for Today's Catch at PX/Wadsley Bridge (whichever you consider it to be). The portions are huge, it always seems busy therefore fresh and is a vast improvement from when it was the Lazy Codling (which gave me the squits on more than one occasion).

Other notables perhaps include that one near the Hen and Chickens (for not calling the feds when I was getting roughed up by a scrote at the bus stop), Devonshire Chippy (for only being fit to feed to the winged vermin on the 'Green itself), a chippy in Fitzwilliam that once included a crispy greenfly in my chips ("don't shout or everyone will want one" territory) and finally, Harry Ramsdens in MHell - why oh why oh why do people spend their hard earned cash there when the stuff of theirs in packets that you oven-to-death at home taste far superior!!

My god - I think I may be the Michael Winner of chippies!! Calm down dear - it's only a fishcake!!