Best Fish and Chips in Sheffield thread

andyb

My faith in F&C has been restored - this was quite simply the best fish and chips I have ever eaten .

Even better than the magpie cafe in Whitby....

Really clean and modern place , loads of staff training and other certificates lining one wall.

Fish is fried to order (they ask you when you walk in what you want).

Very fresh fish (they even have a little blackboard saying which boat the catch is off).

Thin and very crispy batter , well cooked chips and homemade mushy peas.

Served in their own printed cardboard boxes.

Well worth a trip. If only somewhere in Sheffield could match this quality.

try whitbys at catcliffe,sounds spookly very very similar !

Went for fish and chip lunch today with wife and 6yr old grandson to Frymaster,the new(or relocated one from further down the road)one on Attercliffe Road - Fabulous!!Pity they are not open at night and licensed!

Only thing missing was a pint!!

My grandson is very particular(pain!!)when it comes to eating but he finished his childrens version and pinched some of mine and the wifes - excellent portions,price,value and service!

deffinately Broomheads in Crookes, its the best by a mile, won tons of awards however you have to time it right as it isnt open much (sign of a good fish and chip shop, always fresh never frozen)

icelandic frozen at sea is probably the best fish. Clean water,deep frozen as soon as its caught and from well managed stocks. UNLIKE ,caught in sewage dumpted waters around our coasts. Kept on a boat for god only knows how many days. Fresh is not allways the best when it comes to fish.

My faith in F&C has been restored - this was quite simply the best fish and chips I have ever eaten .

Even better than the magpie cafe in Whitby....

Really clean and modern place , loads of staff training and other certificates lining one wall.

Fish is fried to order (they ask you when you walk in what you want).

Very fresh fish (they even have a little blackboard saying which boat the catch is off).

Thin and very crispy batter , well cooked chips and homemade mushy peas.

Served in their own printed cardboard boxes.

Well worth a trip. If only somewhere in Sheffield could match this quality.

give the new whitbys restaurant a try at catcliffe. great fish and light crispy batter, very nice quality. went last week. cant compare to your recommendation as havent tried that one, but this new one is as good as the magpie if not better.