Best Fish and Chips in Sheffield thread

andyb

tried whitbys last week takeaway. the chips were white as snow ie undercooked , the fish smelt the car out all way home ,and the fishcake we threw out for the birds. the fish was undercooked.and we tasted it for 2 days never again. back to stans top of woodhouse rd..fresh out golden brown snow white fish. and no smells in your car

you had a bad un then, we have had them twice now on takeaway and they were perfect.

Another Whitby's here, fresh and crispy and cooked in dripping, just a shame there's too much with chips so will stick to fish & mushy peas next time.

Also worth mentioning that they do gluten free batter for fish or you can have it poached and the chips are done in a separate frier too.

Brother of Liz who runs Brenda's in town, and of the bloke who runs Woodseats fisheries, and the woman who runs Castle Market chippy. I believe Robin Hood's Bay at Attercliffe is one of the family too. So it should be good!

It's about time we had a decent chippy , the one at Greenhill is terrible.

I took my kids there the other night and the food was awful.

The ' PLAICE ' isn't open yet !!

No doubt there is mixed reaction to this business. Welcomed by some, seen by others as introducing the potential for noise and litter and possible Anti Social Behaviour.

As a local resident, could I ask that if you visit the shop in your car, you park with consideration. There are line restrictions in force adjacent to the shop which most folks seem to ignore. Please don't drop your litter and consider the few residences round there by keeping noise to a minimum.

I will occasionally be using the shop and will be interested when it has been open a while to see if the business is doing OK and that those folks using it are being considerate citizens.

Sorry to be a pessimist, but no doubt folks will park wherever, throw their meal wrappings away without thought and generally make too much noise.

Rant over, back into my cave !