Best Fish and Chips in Sheffield thread

andyb

Robin hoods bay is now called Frymaster and have moved down the road. I went there for some fish & chips. The fish was over fried and over battered. The chips were hard. No idea why anyone would rate them as good. The restaurant area, while nicely decorated was cold. The prices in the restaurant were high. I would never go there again.

I asked them why they had moved and changed their name. They gave me some sob story about being kicked out of their original premises and the owner taking over the business. Sounded fishy to me because nobody can kick you out of a business premises and take over your business - its illegal.

So, a week later, I popped into their original building - now called Tony's. I casually mentioned about Robin hood bay and asked if they had moved. The girl behind the counter told me they had moved down the road and were now called Frymaster. I asked why they had moved and if they had been kicked out.

I was told that the lease had ended and they were offered a new lease but did not want to renew because they had already bought the premises down the road and wanted to move there.

A bit different from what frymaster had told me. Anyways I tried Tony's fish & chips - they had a special offer at £2.50 for fish & chips - and they beat the frymasters quality - no contest. And it cost me half as much.

anyone else tried Tony's? or had the same experience with the new frymaster shop?

It is possible legally

Definitely Two Steps Fish and Chip Shop down Sharrowvale Road! Its amazing value and the food is well cooked and lovely and fresh! They stick to the traditional yorkshire chippy food as well serving pie dinners, yorkshire fishcakes and lovely buttered breadcakes! Everyone should try one of their £2 mini fish and chip meals - fantastic!