Best Fish and Chips in Sheffield thread

andyb

forgot to mention another one in Crookes, Five Star

one I wasn't that impressed with is the one I can't remember the name of but is in Broomhill on the main road opposite Yorkshire Bank..each to their own though, there already seem to be divided opinions on some of the joints:)

• 1 month later...

At one time the Chip and Scales at Sheffield Lane Top were very good quality, and large portions too. So good that when we moved from the area we still travelled the several miles or so there rather than go to our local chippy.

Not so nowadays. The last time we went in the fish was obviously yesterdays, mostly batter and they forgot to wrap the breadcake I'd paid for. Chavs behind the counter, too.

Avoid!

Edited by spartacus

Best in Sheffield a couple of years ago, but rubbish now!

Rubbish!

It's still the same excellent quality that it's been for years. You must have caught it on a bad night or something.

If you like the fish & chips at the Admiral then you are voting for pale white chips and Y shaped fish with soggy batter. Admittedly the portions are huge enough to feed a whole family though.

But if you put quality before quantity then Tony's is streets ahead.