Best Fish and Chips in Sheffield thread

andyb

Any one tried poseidon on abbey lane? Got to be the best fish I ever had in Sheffield it just melts in your mouth :)

I agree. Had Fish & Chips from here on Friday. The queue was out the door but well worth the wait. The fish is BEAUTIFUL!!!

My favourite is Two Steps in Sharrow Vale. The fish are fresh and the portions are good. plenty of pies to choose from. Well worth a visit

Have complimented the establishment a few times on this thread, but my last 2 visits have been very disapointing.

The mini fish are just that of late, the size of fish fingers drowned in batter, the peas like water and the chips solid, tastless and unsalted.

However the food is always hot and freshly cooked.

I still regard the shop as my top chippy, its got to have some thing about it, i travel over from Rotherham .

Broomheads' Fish and Chips, Crookes, S10 - 2 or 3 doors up from the Grindstone pub at the bottom of Lydgate Lane. Also, Stan's Fisheries at the top of Woodhouse Road, junction with Mansfield Road, S12, and the Greno Chippy on Main Street, Grenoside, next to the Old Harrow. Old fashioned chippies, not open 7-11, but you would re-visit them, as they all serve excellent fish and chips.

The Chippy on Derbyshire lane is beautiful!!!! Yummy tasting and good sized portions. Also never tried it but theres recently(ish) is a chippy on attercliffe road thats opened and although I've not tried it myself it is never empty!!!!