Best Fish and Chips in Sheffield thread

andyb

£ 350 is a very small price to pay if it then marks you out as having a quality product (perceived or otherwise) thus enabling you to market your product as being worthy ...

If it was simply a case of coughing up £350 and getting your certificate , every chip shop would have one...

The fact that no chippie in Sheffield has got one of these would prove that it is not so easy to pass...and all our chippies are rubbish...

Having this award does not settle the argument of the best chippy in sheffield tho! to achieve one is good and credit due to those who do so I'm sure that if Whitby etc wanted to do so they would pass but to say all sheffield chippies are rubbish is an insult to them.

The Star has a list of 54 fish and chip shops that you can vote for as the best chippy.

Could someone explain to me how the Devonshire Chippy has got on the list? Whilst it serves a purpose on a Saturday night after a gallon of beer, the quality is certainly very questionable.

Good to see greasy Pete's in the list. Many a happy Friday night in Grenoside was spent in there after a skinfull of beer in the pubs. Fishcake, chips, rissole, roe, pie, peas, curry sauce, sausage battered, sausage unbattered.....It still rolls off my tongue 20 years later. :hihi:

Regards

Doom

I see greasy Pete's made it into the top 6........I'll have to go back for old times sake and have my usual. :hihi:

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/video-time-to-batter-opposition-in-the-star-s-best-chippy-competition-1-5529696

Regards

Doom

I've only tried 2 of those mentioned in the article.

My favourite is Tony's at Mosborough and I'm pleased to see that it is in the top 6.

But congratulations to all 6 because there are so many rubbish ones out there it's good for the good ones to be recognised.

If they ever do a survey on Chesterfield I could help with that one. The winner would be Margaret's just off Whit Moor. Even better than Tony's imo.

Greasy Petes in Grenoside takes the title.

For nostalgic reasons I may have to go back and once again order - Fishcake, chips, rissole, roe, pies, peas curry sauce, sausage battered and sausage unbattered.

Happy days!

Regards

Doom