Best Fish and Chips in Sheffield thread

andyb

The best chips and fish shop I remember was 'The Little Wonder' on Attercliffe Road near the end of Whitworth Lane.

Albert Summerhayes the owner, was a master of the chip pan and a real character.

Happy Days!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Best chip shop years ago used to be queenies on hartley brook shops. Its still there but has gone down hill big style and only open at dinnertimes due to kids hanging around. Best chip shop barr none has got to be the one near Tesco on Herries road shirecliffe. The fishcakes are to die for

Originally posted by Fantomas

You're havin a laugh, it's average at best. And it's hardly ever open!

My fave chippy is the one up derbyshire lane, near mitchells off-licence. Oh My God its disgusting had them yesterday before Newfied school kids got there....the dog ended up having my fishcake it tasted disgusting....

the best chippie i have ever visited is marishell's in ecclesfield. they are excellent fish and chips. dont expect to walk in and get served straight away. this is the sign of a good chippie if theres a large queue then the grub must be worth eating.