Best Fish and Chips in Sheffield thread

andyb

The best bygone Chippie in Sheffield was Jackies on South Road Walkley: this turned into Battersea Cods home still very tasty, particular nice Fish...But now WOK this way???

Wok the chuff is going on!!

Woody

PS I like the flavour of the batter @ Langsett Chippie on Langsett Road opposite the old Kelvin scrap place.(Give it a try)

If yur ever out in the peak district, enjoying a summer evening, check out Bradwell chip shop.(Bradwell is just off the main road from hathersage to Hope, turn left at the travellers rest, before you get to Hope).

Easily the best chippy round these parts, good value too.But it is shut Monday lunch time, Tuesday evening and all day Sunday.

Originally posted by sccsux

Carnaby Fisheries?

*Yep, still open, still good!!

Agree with the poster above who said Taplin had gone donwhill.. Started when it was sold a few years ago :-(

(*Though I know the person who owns it, this is an unbiased comment :-) )!

Have to agree here; Carnaby Fisheries is fab, and I am fortunate enough to live a stones-throw away! Agree also about Taplin Chippy going downhill; it was never the same after Mary and Roger sold it several years ago, it was fab back then!