Best Fish and Chips in Sheffield thread

andyb

Guest poppins

I wish YOU PEOPLE would STOP talking about fish & chips i get dead hungry every time this topic comes up to the top again !

Guest Pauly

My favourite Sheffield chippy is Pheonix on Woodseats as they're dead friendly and their food is always great tasting.

I'll be going to another very good one soon though as Angel05 and I are in the process of moving and our closest chippy is now Manor Top which is also brill.

We'll be there tonight as nobody ever cooks on their first night in a new house do they. Sod the diet for tonight. ;):D

Guest NicolaE

what about the one in Greenhill Village? Expensive, but they do lovely fish and chips, not soggy or greasy! Phoenix on woodseats used to be ok but its gone downhill. That new chinese opposite Farmfoods is really nice though...

Guest Pauly

I had some from the new Chinese opposite Farmfoods and they seemed to put more onion in my chicken & cashew than anything else. Looked to me like they'd tried to pad it out with the cheap stuff and skimp on the good stuff. Haven't been back since. Maybe I just went on a bad day though.

I much prefer Happy House on City Road (Manor Top) as their stuff is yum! Anyway, back to topic. :)

How come no ones mentioned Greystones chippie? Absolutely lip smackingly good. Huge portions, lovely fish, crackin gravy and not badly priced. Had pie, chips, peas and gravy for my lunch yesterday (£3.50), had to crawl to bed after for two hours a kip to aid digestion.

It also seems that the later you go the more you get. Catch em around 10ish and they pile it high!

Guest NicolaE

I like that Chinese, they use really good fresh ingridients, loads of fresh veg and nice meat! Maybe they ran out a bit on that day and padded it out with onion! Theyre certainly better then the Chinese on Hutcliffe wood- less greasy noodles and a bigger variety of veg!