Best Fish and Chips in Sheffield thread

andyb

Anyone know one that does cheese 'n' onion pies? Standard menu item in chippies west of the Pennines (Holland's brand usually) but seldom seen here. I miss that yellow goo wrapped in moist pastry.

The best one when I was a kid used to be Queenies chippy on Hartleybrook road.

As an adult B4 I came to Canada phoenix at Woodseats.

I used to stay in a caravan at Chapel St leonards and there was one there called Tonys chippy that did Sheffield fishcakes you had to bee there as they came out (7pm) to get one there was always a queue waiting for em.

Originally posted by Kristian

Have to agree here; Carnaby Fisheries is fab, and I am fortunate enough to live a stones-throw away!

It is fab but it's dirt cheap too. You can get a meal for two with loads of extras like peas, onion rings and gravy and it's always about £3.50. I went over there the day I moved up from London and when they said how much it was I nearly fell over! It would have cost about £20 down south.

Originally posted by Guest

Best chippie for miles around used to be "Queenies" at Hartley brook,Shiregreen. people used to travel miles for their Fish.

Not sure if its still there as I now live in Norfolk, where the Fishcakes are small and rissole like"yukk". :(