Best Fish and Chips in Sheffield thread

andyb

Ordered Harry's Pizza on Wostenholm Road in Sharrow for the first time today online. They have really nice fish and chips. Also Devonshire Chippy on Devonshire Green is my all time favourite. And I went to one on Chesterfield Road joining London Road their chips was amazing forgot the name though :(

There is a chippy near where London Road and Chesterfield Road join... Called Ocean.

I've been there 3 or 4 times and wholly unimpressed. The chips are too big and pale / undercooked so they're claggy and tasteless in the centre.

There is a chippy near where London Road and Chesterfield Road join... Called Ocean.

I've been there 3 or 4 times and wholly unimpressed. The chips are too big and pale / undercooked so they're claggy and tasteless in the centre.

Why did you go 3 or 4 times then? :loopy:

Anyone know if Les is still on Longley Ave West?

It was a great chippy but not been up that way for a long time. I can't remember the name of the chippy, just the name of the bloke who ran/owned it.

Why did you go 3 or 4 times then? :loopy:

Haha, valid question. I'd wanted to give them a second chance, and then had follow-up visits after pub sessions and long walks where I'm just after quantity regardless of quality.

finest chippy in my mind is robs of greenhill main road,always got to queue ,but its well worth the wait,once had to wait 45 mins on a fri teatime,but best I have ever had and cooked in beef dripping,my cats his facebook no1 fan,she does someralts when I get back from robs top man,top chippy.

• 3 months later...