Best Fish and Chips in Sheffield thread

andyb

Whats happened to Manor Lane chip shop?, different miserable staff, slow service (2 people walked out, got fed up of waiting) and the food is terrible. At least mine was today, more batter (which was soggy) than fish, chips only just warm and all small chips. Will be thinking twice about going again in the near future.

want to try the new one at greenhill big waterie fish,large chips but ? and need to mortgage your house to pay for them,whats a matter with these people,all we ask is fish/chips or fishcakes sensible portions and prices cooked in beef dripping,not all this nonsense we seem to be getting,we used to have a great chippy now we got as far as I am concerned a over priced chippy,all Yorkshire folk want is decent food at sensible prices,come on you owners,just give us proper food.

want to try the new one at greenhill big waterie fish,large chips but ? and need to mortgage your house to pay for them,whats a matter with these people,all we ask is fish/chips or fishcakes sensible portions and prices cooked in beef dripping,not all this nonsense we seem to be getting,we used to have a great chippy now we got as far as I am concerned a over priced chippy,all Yorkshire folk want is decent food at sensible prices,come on you owners,just give us proper food.

That's Brexit for you.

Broomheads at Crookes - funny operating hours but I have yet to be disappointed by either the fish or the chips.

Whats happened to Manor Lane chip shop?, different miserable staff, slow service (2 people walked out, got fed up of waiting) and the food is terrible. At least mine was today, more batter (which was soggy) than fish, chips only just warm and all small chips. Will be thinking twice about going again in the near future.

Havent been in for a while, but it always went downhill when the owner went on holiday, then picked up when he got back. I know he was talking about retiring, maybe that's the cause

Havent been in for a while, but it always went downhill when the owner went on holiday, then picked up when he got back. I know he was talking about retiring, maybe that's the cause

Surely you aren't talking about the ORIGINAL owner?

Are they still alive?

Surely you aren't talking about the ORIGINAL owner?

Are they still alive?

The old fella that had it when I lived up there 30 years ago, Barry. He was still there last time I went in a couple of months back

He passed away a couple of months ago !

I didn't know that, think the last time I went in would have been around March, must have gone soon after. Shame, he was nice bloke, and made good fish and chips.