Best Fish and Chips in Sheffield thread

andyb

• 1 month later...
On 23/09/2020 at 05:42, DerbyTup said:

This little gem just off Sheffield Road at Whittington Moor,  (just after the big roundabout with James's Cycles)  is technically not in Sheffield of course - but as many of us may travel up and down that A61 between here and Chesterfield I thought it worth pointing out.  

http://www.margarets-chippy.co.uk/index.html

Only open at lunchtimes, Wednesday through Saturday.  Downside:  Big queues - can take half an hour to get served!  Upside:  Delicious fish and chips done the traditional way and not expensive.

This chip shop is my first stop on my way up from the south west on my way to Sheffield. They don't sell Yorkshire fishcakes down here... awesome!!!!

• 6 months later...
On 27/03/2018 at 22:45, Tim1 said:

We came third in the chip shop of the year competition on the traxfm radio station. I was chuffed to be nominated never mind coming 3rd! We were up against some big city centre chippys.

I visited your chip shop today, (Chip Inn at Whitwell) having read about you on this thread ages ago. Have to say they were some of the best fish n chips I've had in a long time.

I find most chip shops serve chips that are pale in colour, soft and bland, but yours were a nice golden colour and crisp. Next time I'm passing I will return, thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...