Best Fish and Chips in Sheffield thread

andyb

ive lived in sheff all my life an been to most of the chippies an know for a fact that broomheads on crookes road is the best..............

I'll second that, we go to my father in laws most saturdays for fish n chips from there. Except they're closed for 3 weeks now whilst they're on holiday *sob*

Does anyone know where I can get good fish and chips without the skin still on!? I really hate the skin!!

Hello cathypoos

Have you tried MANNNINGS at Woodhouse near the George pub.

They do lovely seaside type fish & chips and the fish has no skin on. Only big thick flakes of white fish in crispy batter with what seems like a double helping of chunky chips.

We go there from Darnall as the Darnall fisheries are awfull especially when the younger end are serving, the fish is black and the chips are greasy but when the old lady is serving thats when you get your decent fish & chips.

a salt and battered on london road do the best chips but brenda's do the best fish and brendas curry sauce is great too. my favourite is brendas and i've tried quite a few chippies in sheffield

Valley Rd Chippie Nr Meersbrook Park used to be the tops, think it is till the same owners.

Here-here mate. Been going there for 20 odd years & it is still top class. Only problem is the old dear who serves in there sometimes messes your order up.

• 2 weeks later...
robin hood something or other (maybe fisheries) in attercliffe:thumbsup:

Owned by the same family who own the brilliant Woodseats Fisheries and the brilliant Brenda's in town, so that explains why they're ALL GOOD!

I'm not keen on the Phoenix at woodseats. I try and avoid chippies that do kebabs too, though some are good. If the Woodseats is shut, I go to the Poseidon just at the top of Abbey Lane, which is a couple of hundred yards away past the Big Tree and Abbey pubs. I like them, because they do Haddock as their usual fish, rather than cod, as most Sheffeld chippies do. I'm from leeds see, and we prefer the haddock.