Best Fish and Chips in Sheffield thread

andyb

Ok, hot debate time, what and where is the best chippy in Sheffield, chips have to be cooked in dripping or lard and they have to sell big white bread cakes covered in flour.

I think the best is Johns in Stocksbridge.

STANS AT INTAKE IS DEFINATELY HOTTTTTTT. I HAVE BEEN TO MANY AND STANS DO HAVE THE FLAVOUR..GET IT............

• 1 month later...
broomhill friery in suprsingly, Broomhill! The best ever....shame ive moved down to hunters bar now...probably a good thing cause there is no where as good down there so i go straight home from the pub, by passing all take aways! So my spare tyre is deflating rapidly!!!

Tony @ Broomhill friery is the man tho! Shame hes a liverpool fan!:thumbsup:

I agree, Brommhill Friery in Broomhill got to be best - Always 10/10 Food, Service & Prices are very Cheap compared to other chip shops

the bole hill fryery (sp?) in crookes is nice. possibly mentioned earlier though

guess what, I've just had haddock chips and peas from that very establishment about an hour ago...

I'll give them a 6 - the fish was over cooked and tough at the edges

got tons of chips though and nice mushy peas

£3.80