Best Fish and Chips in Sheffield thread

andyb

No - there are NO good fish and chip shops in Sheffield - we tried loads and we now travel up to junc 39 off the M1 - KINGFISHER fish and chips are the best outside Whitby. There is a take away or a sit down cafe - pots of tea/coffee & bread & Butter included - and they DO FREE FISH & CHIPS FOR KIDS under 12 in the restaurant - proper fish aswell not fish fingers!! Can't be beaten we go specially at least once a month! Just get off at Junc 39 and go towards Denby Dale for about 500yards and its on the left - takes 40 mins from centre Sheff - well worth it!!

Best chippie for miles around used to be "Queenies" at Hartley brook,Shiregreen. people used to travel miles for their Fish.

Not sure if its still there as I now live in Norfolk, where the Fishcakes are small and rissole like"yukk". :(

not no more still a chippie but gone downhill,i live on hartley brook road been hear 12 yrs

best chippie darnall fisheries:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Worral road hillsborouh shocked me last night as I was about order a fish for £3. It was only the size of a fishcake, I refused to pay. I did have afishcake though and that was nice, I was just shocked at the smallness of the fish as I have had mini fish that are bigger

I really hate paying out for 'fish' to get something mushy and tasteless. It used to happen a lot at the Oak House in Handsworth. I sometimes go to Salt & Vinegar' in Rotherham Town centre and the fish is big and beautiful.