Best Fish and Chips in Sheffield thread

andyb

Incidentally, I had the best Haddock & Chips I've had in my whole life a few weeks back, at Mister Chips in Whitby. Forget The Magpie, this really was the dog's whatsits...:love:

Yeah some good chippies in Whitby. If you go to Leeds, the one down the side of the Market, opposite the big open car park, is brilliant, but best by far is Nash's, which is just off upper Briggate. They knock spots off any chippy in Sheffield.

Be aware though, Leeds is Haddock country.

I agree with the posts saying that the possidon on abbey lane is good, I always order the small fish instead of the normal size for £2 instead of £3 and ask for it with no skin, its still bigger than the normal size fish in a lot of places and the whole thing is edible (i hate the taste of the skin) and freshly cooked for you. also the chips come in huge portions, normally 1 portion feeds two so for around a fiver you can feed two people

Worral road hillsborouh shocked me last night as I was about order a fish for £3. It was only the size of a fishcake, I refused to pay. I did have afishcake though and that was nice, I was just shocked at the smallness of the fish as I have had mini fish that are bigger

Ah, so that's where my goldfish went.

Marishells Chippy in Ecclesfield, best chippy in Sheffield by far.

I agree, they only open a few days and always run out of stuff before I get there though. Not the cheapest but can't say it isn't good value as they are very nice.

i always like devonshire green chippy

well tasty ^_^

and not pricey

x

Yuk, yuk, yuk and again yuk :gag::gag:

There's a very good reason why it's not expensive: it's there mostly to serve either a) people who've never been there before and b) people who are too p*ssed to remember they've been there before and what it tasted like last time (that'll be me many a time then).