Best Fish and Chips in Sheffield thread

andyb

I love Poseidon on Abbey Lane and usually always go there if I fancy fish & chips. However, the other night I thought I would give Abbey friar a try as I'd not been for ages as it went down hill. I honestly didn't think It could get any worse, it was awful. I had chips, curry sauce and a fishcake that tasted like fish paste smeered on a slice of potatoe then fried. Never again and it wasn't cheap.

Norwood chippy near where I live does nice chips. I don't have fish very often, but I have had their mini fish and chips and it was a decent sized portion and didn't cost a lot. We normally have sausage chips and gravy, fishcake butty and chips and gravy again and it comes to under £5.

Worral road hillsborouh shocked me last night as I was about order a fish for £3. It was only the size of a fishcake, I refused to pay. I did have afishcake though and that was nice, I was just shocked at the smallness of the fish as I have had mini fish that are bigger

Avoid Manor top (Becketts) like the plague, i can't beileive that a place on manor top of all places can charge those shocking prices.

You would think you had just walked into a chippy in London or summat.

Two Step on Sharrowvale is good as is Poseidon on Abbey Lane.

I'd say Fish better at Poseidon and Chips better at Two Step.

Although saying that Two Step wins hands down because of the :love:

Two Steps is not bad, but Greystones chippy at the bottom of greystones road is far better.

If you think that one is bad then you should try the one at gleadless townend.... What a load of crap:gag:, you can count the chips just by looking at them, thats how bad the portions are, The staff are about as cheerful as Doggy S**t. I was about to shoot myself, they looked that depressed... I didn`t get a fish so i,m not sure how nice they are, but if the chips anything to go by then you can make your own mind up........:loopy:

Your right. Every now and again I go there thinking that they might have improved. But each time I chuck half of them away and promise myself never to go there again.

Then a month or two later.......

posidon on abbey lane their fish are HUGE and the food is gorgeous

Ive started to go here as its better value than the Abbey Friar 2 on Totley Rise shops where the price for a small fish is not value for money :suspect:

MAN FRIDAYS (Shoreham Street) is good but they need a contingency plan for when they take their month long holiday this time every year.....

TOO LONG TO WAIT WITHOUT MY CHICKEN CURRY AND CHIPS LOL !!

The fish there are huge, and very nice indeed (especially after waiting in a matchday queue for 30 minutes!).

Darnall Chippy is usually very good (it seems to depend on who's doing the frying that day), but not overly impressed with either Frydays or Oak House at Handsworth. The chippy next to the comic store just off the Moor (Alma St?) is pretty good.

The Abbey Friar at Greenhill/Meadowhead is not too good though - the fish never tastes too good, and they always seem very expensive!