Best Fish and Chips in Sheffield thread

andyb

hi just wondering were can i find the best chippy in sheffield just wondering what u would suggest and what is the worst

No one will have used every single shop so no one can judge which is best or worst.

Antonio Pedant

Sheffield

UK

The best i ever went to was right in the middle of pitsmoor just down from the rock in a little white cottage, dunno if its still open but it only used to open on a friday tha knows

Closed a few years back I'm afraid

got to be the poseidon on abbey lane, always a queue as most of the stuff you have to order when you go in so its cooked fresh, can be a pain waiting around but well worth it, worse chippy? the one on derbyshire lane, usually teatime is the leftovers from dinnertime although not sure if it opens now as the school kids are not allowed out of newfield at dinner now

Cleethorpes for fish and chips? :loopy:

how expensive would that be to travel for your dinner?

by the time youve walked round and eaten your chips and fish... you would have seen all or most of cleethorpes!! then its time to drive back..

compare that with a scenic :D drive down attercliffe small queue best chippy for miles, which has been running for over 20 years.

worse chippy

well i could name a few but commercial street springs to mind, its changed hands several times since Tony had it

Cleethorpes is really just Attercliffe on Sea anyway.

Better go to Whitby to the Magpie Cafe.

Seconded Pook.. Just how many chippy threads do we need.. Come on people it tells you if there are like threads when you post ? :loopy:

does it really matter how many threads there are? does it offend/upset you? why?