Best Fish and Chips in Sheffield thread

andyb

Yes, Green Steps off Eccy road does gluten free fish and chips.

hi thanks, iheartsheff!

do you know if it's safe... the reason why i ask is because we once went for a meal at a restuarant and they said they were gluten free... they were but they used the same pans for ordinary food!

Thanks once again!

The one on Newfield Green shops is probably the worst chip shop in the England.

And it's not just the chips which might as well just be completely grease, it looks like it hasn't had any new fryers or any new fixtures since the 60s.

Edited by R i chy

hi thanks, iheartsheff!

do you know if it's safe... the reason why i ask is because we once went for a meal at a restuarant and they said they were gluten free... they were but they used the same pans for ordinary food!

Thanks once again!

To my knowledge they are very safe. They only do guten free fish and chips, they are the sister shop from Two Steps, who recognised a demand for gluten free fish and chips.

I was always in Don Valley fisheries in attercliffe when I worked around there.

on a side note, I REALLY miss a decent fish and chips now I have moved over to Oz. The last place I went in and asked for a fish without batter the poor girl didnt have a clue what I was talking about... and as for scraps.....

Best Chippy I know of in all of these areas Chapeltown, Ecclesfield, Grenoside, High Green, Thorpe Hesley, Parson Cross, Wadsley Bridge, Sheffield Lane Top, Firth Park area. All North of Sheffield and possibly beyond. Is the little Chiipy next to The Old Harrow Pub at Grenoside.

Doesn't open for many hours, generally Thurs, Fri Teatime and Saturday Lunchtimes.

Robin Hood close to old Banners is also good, as some have already said.

Worst Sheffield Chippy

1. Devonshire - Soggy chips, lumpy gravy and charges for ketchup sachet.

2. Two steps Sharrowvale - Chips underdone, small expensive fish.

Best Chip Shops

1. Stanhope Road Intake - perfect chips and snips, very cheap.

2. Lowes, White Lane Gleadless Townend - Lovely fish cakes and scampi.

3. Alnwick Road, Hollinsend - Crunchy scraps, big serving and cheap as chips. Polite service.

TRY ANY OF THESE THREE, YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED!

Oh dear Zakes, it must be years since you had fish and chips - I am pretty sure that neither of these three exist any more - Stanhope Rd is now a house, Lowes must have changed hands and the one on Alnwick has been a chinese for years!