Best Fish and Chips in Sheffield thread

andyb

Grenoside chippy (Main Street) is the one for me. Trouble is, its only open about 2 nights a week. Anyway, the chips n fish are delicious and excellently consistent.

...that's if you can find any chips....stingy is a bit of an understatement

• 2 weeks later...

Because 9 out of 10 of them seem to have the inability to cook a decent crisp, golden chip. Do they actually care about repeat custom?????

Its not rocket science is it. The chippy i went to has been there years. Yet the meal i was served up half an hour ago was borderline offensive. Uncooked soggy white tasteless chips. 75% got binned as i filtered through the edible ones. I didn't even give my faithful canine a taste for fear he'd barf it up later.

Restore my faith and point me in the right direction.

Edited by Aliens

Because 9 out of 10 of them seem to have the ability to cook a decent crisp, golden chip. Do they actually care about repeat custom?????

Its not rocket science is it. The chippy i went to has been there years. Yet the meal i was served up half an hour ago was borderline offensive. Uncooked soggy white tasteless chips. 75% got binned as i filtered through the edible ones. I didn't even give my faithful canine a taste for fear he'd barf it up later.

Restore my faith and point me in the right direction.

Depends on where you are in the city but I love the chippy on Abbey Lane, Woodseats :love: