Did anyone work at Tesco supermarket, in Hillsborough in the 1970's?

was you the guy who got the deliveries in as well?

I did that in 1975,left about 10 minutes before getting the sack.

I was once in front of a denny and roberts kangaroo court because 1 packet of sausages was missing.I was told repeatedly that nothing came in the back door without an invoice and all items must be checked off.He forgot about all the extras and free stuff that came from reps etc.One day a salesman turned up with a tv that denny had won for being the most slimey manager,allegedly for selling the most Birds Eye stuff,that he had over ordered,which I think is still being sold at Tescos all over the world.Well I asked this suit if he had an invoice for this telly,he hadn't so I sent him away.

Do ya remember the guy who ran the fruit n veg dept, he was called John Gallivan or something similar, worked for him for a while. Then there was this guy about my age who worked full time on the Provisions Dept as they called it then called J.J and also a guy called Les on same dept.Also remember Denny having these tremendous 1970s sideboards ???

JJ was a guy called John James was always in the Fox or the Gate

could play darts a bit too. There was a girl on provisions as well, linda mitchelson i think

There was a lass called Diane who worked on home and wear I remember her paricularly cos met her again in 84 in maternity at northern her kid and my lad were born hours apart small world

• 2 weeks later...
JJ was a guy called John James was always in the Fox or the Gate

could play darts a bit too. There was a girl on provisions as well, linda mitchelson i think

There was a lass called Diane who worked on home and wear I remember her paricularly cos met her again in 84 in maternity at northern her kid and my lad were born hours apart small world

I remember Linda Mitchelson. She used to scare the willies out of me, she used to tell me off all the time!

• 3 weeks later...

I can't believe there is a thread about this. I worked there as well, no one has mentioned me so I must have been such a good person, not LOL. These are the people I can remember in no particular order. Stuart and Tony Denny,Alan Price, Mr L,Mr Wayne Fox, Dot Parkin,Diane Revil,Sue Udall, Alan Price,Ian Tompson,Ian Johnson and his sister Dawn I think, she was so lovely as was Ian,,Alan Robertson who married a girl/lady called Jill, Anne, Naylor, Beryl, Gary W,Stuart,Mark(in the butchers) Mark in the warehouse,Ada the most brilliant cook ever, she was great,Kath (Adas daughter), Denise,Sandra,Wendy,Paul, Diddy,Sarah, Alana,Eshter Toogood (she was great)and husband, Steph who married a sailor and last but not least 'Jabberwocky' what a guy with Bob on the back door. You should have gone on stage, you are so funny after all these years.

Love to everyone

Anonymous xx

• 7 years later...