Coyle Family ?

Guest poppins

Guest poppins

Any one remember the Coyles ? they were mostly from the walkley area , don't think theresmany of them left now, but they were a very big hard working family.

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by poppins

Any one remember the Coyles ? they were mostly from the walkley area , don't think theresmany of them left now, but they were a very big hard working family.

Yes I remember Jean Coyle who lived at walkley and went to sacred heart school, she came from a large family but havn't seen her for years

Angela

• 2 months later...

The Coyle's I remember lived on Beechwod Road off Holme lane at Hillsborough. Mum was Poppy, Dad was Arnold and they had four children -three girls and a boy caled Jean, Angela, Maureen and Peter. Poppy was a good friend of my mum's and later married George. Is this any help?

• 2 years later...

Sorry Poppins, must have missed this one, but a friend of mine put me onto it, my name is Mick Coyle and I have relatives’ in the Loxley area, which is only two minutes walk “on the bus” from Walkley.

If your still looking send me a PM and I will bore you with my family tree.

Good luck

Coyleys

Hi Poppins.

I worked with a Mary Coyle who lived at Walkley with her brother who she seemed to have to look after even though he was adult.

I heard via the grapevine that Mary died quite young and a few years on I saw in the local paper that a homeless man called Coyle had been found living in someones shed. Often wondered if it was Marys brother.

hazel

Just realised how old this thread is.

Archived