Boohoo! Just failed my driving test!

Oh dear, better luck next time. Its usually just nerves isnt it? My test is tommorrow and i'm dreading it. Ive been up 2 nights on the trot just pacing up and down and have developed restless leg syndrome from the nerves. Do you mind me asking what were the faults and did you get any minors? How are you feeling now with regards to getting back to booking another test?

THE MASK

You know what - sometimes they just fail you because they need the stats! My story was - over ten years ago I went to take my test on a Tuesday morning at 9am. I failed. I can't remember on what, but I was absolutely gutted as I was desperate to drive. I came home and before my driving instructor had pulled off the drive, I had managed to book a retest the very next day - Wednesday 9th October at 9am! My instructor was quite hesitant, but me being me (even then!) was "I can drive, there is no way I should have failed"...anyway. I passed. So what on earth made me a better driver in 24 hours I have no idea. The failing examiner's face when he saw me the next day (double-take!) was hilarious.

My point is - you are probably not a bad driver. It comes down to luck, nerves and sometimes just an ass of an examiner. My pass examiner told me I was safe to drive when I told her I had failed the day before. More money for the DVLA I guess - but anyway...again...back to the point - stick at it = you'll be fine. It's just a pity you have to wait so many weeks to take it again!!!

Archived