Boohoo! Just failed my driving test!

If people took extra care in their driving, people won't get soaked either.

But of course we all know that some bus drivers soak people ON PURPOSE! Because they get some kind of retarded amusement from it! :rant:

Well Rich this one does not go out by intent to soak people two reasons for example (1) Road users who soak people either by intent or by accident driving through puddles can be fined by the Courts a sum not exeeeding £1000.(2) Its expensive getting clothes cleaned these days.I drive a long wide vehicle if I can do it so can others full stop.

try to stay positive look at the boxes on the test sheet with no marks in them. you know can drive you just missed out but practice every thing again before your next test if you dont practice it could be some thing else next time. not many people pass with out us or we would`nt be needed. to drive at test standard you need a instructor. good luck

I successfully did a corner reverse in my test. 5 years later and I've never had a need to do one. A complete waste of time.

Passing your driving test =/= being able to drive.

The object of reversing round a corner is not to show that you can do that perse, but to show you can control the vehicle in reverse.

Are you saying you've never reversed in 5 years?

don't think i'm cut out for it sometimes, its not that i cannot drive, its because i cannot drive at test standard.

when you have been driving a long time you get into a comfy driving style and thats whats buggered me up.

i think i will forget how to drive and start agi with an instuctor. that way i can ditch the bad habits for good.

out of interest, does anyone actually drive using the ten to two method cos i find it quite hard to manouver round things without crossing my hands over:)

how the heck do you keep control of a car crossing your hands over? :confused:

This is the bad habit I least understand really

I was face ached at for being more quarter to three than ten to two, but at least my excuse is where my shoulders are in relation to the wheel! (pins and needles ain't good for driving with ;) )

I successfully did a corner reverse in my test. 5 years later and I've never had a need to do one. A complete waste of time.

Passing your driving test =/= being able to drive.

People who reverse out of driveways bug hell out of me! there's no damned need! You can't see properly, and the highway code says you shouldn't do it

cars manouvre far more easily going backwards too - they should all be rear wheel steer :D

don't think i'm cut out for it sometimes, its not that i cannot drive, its because i cannot drive at test standard.

when you have been driving a long time you get into a comfy driving style and thats whats buggered me up.

i think i will forget how to drive and start agi with an instuctor. that way i can ditch the bad habits for good.

out of interest, does anyone actually drive using the ten to two method cos i find it quite hard to manouver round things without crossing my hands over:)

WEll this is the whole point of using an instructer, they learn you to drive at test standard, its not rocket science and unfortuantly theirs no way round it.

I will admit that once passed you then go on to learn more about driving and usually find your own style but you just have to learn first to test standard.

Im not an instructer and I do sympathise with you because I found it so hard myself but the quicker you realise theirs no easy way, the better for you.

I dont think youve helped yourself by driving without proper training.

Get some lessons booked and forget what you think you know about driving and take absolutely everything on board that the instructer teaches you about passing the test.

A driving examiner failed a woman on her test after she splashed a pedestrian by driving through a puddle.

Michelle Kelly, 31, from Blackley, Manchester, was told she should have stopped to exchange details with the man, who was waiting at a bus stop.

The mother-of-two protested that if she had swerved to avoid the puddle she might have caused an accident.

She was told her actions constituted a traffic offence - a view shared by the Driving Standards Agency (DSA).

Ms Kelly said the decision was "ridiculous".

She said: "It was my third test and I was really confident. To fail for something like that really annoyed me.

To fail for something like that really annoyed me

Michelle Kelly

"It's ridiculous. Why should you hand over your details? What good would that do?

"It wasn't as though I'd deluged this pedestrian. And if I'd swerved to avoid the puddle I might have caused an accident."

The DSA said it could not comment on specific details of practical driving tests due to data protection laws.

But it pointed out that motorists should have consideration for others, including pedestrians, who can possibly be drenched by passing vehicles.

Its advice is that, where possible, a driver should avoid drenching pedestrians and a failure to do this would be sufficient grounds for failing a driving test.

The Road Traffic Act contains an offence of "careless, and inconsiderate, driving" and Crown Prosecution Service policy states that bad or inconsiderate driving includes driving through a puddle causing pedestrians to be splashed.

Courts may impose fines of up to £2,500 for such an offence.

Ms Kelly now faces taking her test again - for the fourth time.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/7605026.stm

Another fun past time erroded :D

Archived