Boohoo! Just failed my driving test!

maybe i'm not cut out for it but being as stubborn as i am, i will keep trying till i susceed:D

Take no notice of people telling you to give it up! Everyone kept telling me to do that - I took no notice and carried on, in fact it made me more determined than ever.

I passed on my 8th or 9th attempt, and I'm really glad I stuck at it!

Good Luck!

• 2 years later...

I failed my test yesterday. Apparently, I failed as soon as I left the test centre, (on the Parkway), by commiting a serious observation fault at a junction. She still made me do the entire test, reversing round a corner, (which I aced) and only got marked down with 1 minor fault on the 40 minute drive.

My instructor said that he thought the 'serious' fault wasn't in fact serious and he thinks the examiner was really harsh. I've re-booked my test and I'm fairly confident I won't make the same mistake.

• 1 year later...

Iv failed twice 7 minors first time (i know it sounds really stupid), but examiner asked me to show him how to put windscreen wipers on and i did but then i couldnt think straight about switching the back one off and i thought he would fail me for it so i got distracted and didnt look properly when i took a turn. there was no traffic coming but examiner said sorry but there could have been. fair enough. 2nd time got 6 minors and failed . coming up to a junction slowed right down and looked absolutely clear road nothing at all on it coming but failed cos it was a stop line not broken line and i should have actually stopped the car. I got so nervous and failing upset me so much afterwards that i havent had a lesson now for 6 month . Thing is i used to drive our car before and have been all over on holiday with no problems. but iv lost confidence. got a lesson booked for tomorrow so i just hope i can get myself together this time. c

Iv failed twice 7 minors first time (i know it sounds really stupid), but examiner asked me to show him how to put windscreen wipers on and i did but then i couldnt think straight about switching the back one off and i thought he would fail me for it so i got distracted and didnt look properly when i took a turn. there was no traffic coming but examiner said sorry but there could have been. fair enough. 2nd time got 6 minors and failed . coming up to a junction slowed right down and looked absolutely clear road nothing at all on it coming but failed cos it was a stop line not broken line and i should have actually stopped the car. I got so nervous and failing upset me so much afterwards that i havent had a lesson now for 6 month . Thing is i used to drive our car before and have been all over on holiday with no problems. but iv lost confidence. got a lesson booked for tomorrow so i just hope i can get myself together this time. c

I guess you now know that getting one or both SMTM questions wrong is a little embarrassing but will not be a fail (it's marked as a driving fault, no more) and that, sorry, not stopping at a STOP sign is an endorsable offence (tell that to every qualified driver out there) hence an unequivocal fail.

Good luck next time.

On my lessons i was always really bad at reversing round a corner and reverse bay parking. I hoped i wouldn't get either of them on my test. I got both!! Luckily i did them both perfectly and passed first time! Funny thing is, since then, i've had no problems reversing at all. I'm actually really good at it (even if i do say so myself)!

I was quite lucky as i don't get nervous about things like that. My attitude was 'if i fail, i fail, i'll just do it again.' I wasn't nervous at all on the day of my test and i think that really helped.

Good luck to anyone thats got their test soon!

Stick with it, it will be worth it in the end.

I failed 8 times! - mostly due to nerves. I passed my test a few years ago now, and think it is the best thing i ever did - I consider I am a good driver, and really enjoy it.

Stick with it, it will be worth it in the end.

I failed 8 times! - mostly due to nerves. I passed my test a few years ago now, and think it is the best thing i ever did - I consider I am a good driver, and really enjoy it.

Thanks i will. :)

• 2 months later...
Amongst all my friends, the ones who passed 2nd or 3rd time always seemed to be the better drivers.

I passed first time and i am an awful driver, I haven't done a reverse park since my test 2 years ago.

I wouldn't let failing get you down too much, good luck for next time!

Me too!

I think maybe the fact that you don't think you are a good driver makes you a better driver:huh:

Archived