Boohoo! Just failed my driving test!

how many have you failed?

is your instructor showing you how to do this?

:D Not enough obviously,but then selecting reverse,checking its clear,going backwards at 3mph till the corner,pause, check, move left hand down a couple of inch and carry on following the kerb is really a tough one.

Its time they made the test stand up to its name,theres far too many passing that are clueless about driving.

But then you can always blame the Instructor.

i,m sat here feeling really sorry for myself as i have failed my driving test yet again and for the same bloody thing:(,

why oh why can;t i reverse around corners:confused:. to give the inspector his dues, he did say he would have let it slip had i payed more observation as i was doing the manouver and had he done that i would have passed....

will book in again after the weekend but i've been driving ten years and its hard to drive to test standards, ie,hands at ten to two etc, when you have a comfy driving style.

gawd, im so fed up. think i'll go n eat chocolate:(

Don't worry ruth, your one less car for me to get stuck behind :hihi:

two tests in ten years does seem like a long time dos'nt it:o but i have never really had the need to drive up until recently when my son turned into a dreaded teenager, now he wants taxying all ovver shant:D

got ten minors on the fail too so i am obviously not cut out for it:hihi:

Its a shame that lightwood was closed, :rant: you could have practiced your foibles on there to your hearts content.... As your problem is reversing round corners, have you tried going onto an industrial estate when most have gone home and practicing your reversing there ?? try lowering your side mirrors slightly so you can see the kerbs and dont use your rear view mirror.... only use your wing mirrors... Try it.. it works !!!! :thumbsup:

That a large proportion of women struggle with 3-dimensional spacial orientation is known and proven, and the reason that so many women struggle to park a car, but I wonder why.

The male and femal brains have areas developed to different levels, but I wonder which skills/talents female evolution has concentrated on over the years to the detriment of 3D awareness.

I would say it's probably been pushed to one side by an enlarged 'shopping cortex', but in all seriousness there must be something that this aspect of brain power has been sacrificed in favour of.

got ten minors on the fail too so i am obviously not cut out for it:hihi:

10 minors? :confused:

So had you reversed correctly, would you have passed even with 10 minors? (not that I'm particularly knowledgeable on what a minor consists of)

Unfortunately Ruth, as you've found it can be a false economy.

How many minors can you get and still pass? (if anyone knows) *hints to Saxon by quoting him/her*:hihi:

That a large proportion of women struggle with 3-dimensional spacial orientation is known and proven, and the reason that so many women struggle to park a car, but I wonder why.

The male and femal brains have areas developed to different levels, but I wonder which skills/talents female evolution has concentrated on over the years to the detriment of 3D awareness.

I would say it's probably been pushed to one side by an enlarged 'shopping cortex', but in all seriousness there must be something that this aspect of brain power has been sacrificed in favour of.

:rolleyes:

it's colour that the female eye-brain thing is FAR better at, and it's to do with cones in the retina (or something)

anyway - I can do both, so I'm fine :P

Archived