Old Pub Landlords where are they now???

The Wentworth House Hotel, Milford Street - landlord Richard Addy (known as Dick) and his wife Bertha. Her daughter (name unknown) ran a pub outside the city in a rather isolated spot but can't remember the pub's name either!

I remember a landlord at the now demolished "King's Head"- Crosspool - (late 70's) called TOM but can't recall his surname or where he went? This was at a time when there was a piano in the main room and a snug at the back where a certain policeman called Gerry Broad drank along with a few others.

After Tom left, food came on the agenda and sauce bottles from lunchtime were still on the tables at 9pm Sunday evenings. Now I love HP sauce but not with beer, which was Whitbread Trophy.

The Landlord of the YORKSHIREMANS ARMS 1983/4/5 was a chap called Keith who previously had the BEAGLE in Parson X....still around?

anyone know where these old landlords ended up??

As far as I remember Keith retired from The Yorkshiremans after being told he had angina and was told by the doctor to pack in running pubs and slow down or run the risk of being carried out of the door in a pine box within 2 years.

I just hope he is still with us and has his health, he was a nice bloke who ran a good pub.

Archived