Unofficial Forum Meet: Peek-a-Boo, 17th Nov 2007

sophiec1979

Hey I am thinking of also "unoficially coming" seems like there is alot of hype about this night.....

super...thats 4 of us so far.

any more takers?

shall we sort out what time to meet and emergency contacts details next week?

x

Can I just ask something about the dress code for this event?

Why is there a dress code? I thought the whole point of being in to things like this was to be yourself and do what you want to do without having to conform to a set stereotype. Yet, you're basically advocating a herd mentality by stating what people have to wear.

The reason I go to the Nelson and Corp is because I can wear what I choose to and don't have a dress code forced up on me, like other "trendy" pubs/bars/clubs do.

I'm just curious is all.

:)

Can I just ask something about the dress code for this event?

Why is there a dress code? I thought the whole point of being in to things like this was to be yourself and do what you want to do without having to conform to a set stereotype. Yet, you're basically advocating a herd mentality by stating what people have to wear.

please note, i do not have anything to do with the organisation of the Peek-a-boo... merely the unofficial SF meet.

if you wish to take up this matter with the Peek-a-boo organisers, please contact them direct.

thanks

x

From the Ultravixen website description of the event:

Suggested dress code: Glamourous, Suited and booted, Rockabilly, Vintage, Teddyboy, Lounge, 40s, 50s or completely off the wall. In other words no street wear and casual

Not really a dress code - wear what you want, allowing individuality whilst preserving the ambience of the style of event (ie no tracky bottoms).

Also, its not really a 'trendy' night - its pretty alternative, just different to the Corp alternative.

Anyhoo, this isn't the place for a debate on the 'forced conformity' of night club dress codes, I'm sure there are plenty who will debate with you

:)

Archived