Does anyone drink in t' Ranmoor area?

theripsaw

please please please give the new owners of the Bulls Head a chance. I've been in there 3 or 4 times since it changed hands and have received a very warm welcome every time. They're really making an effort to turn it around. the food has improved enormously and they're really friendly and keen to make a go of it.

before the new landlord and landlady i was really put off from going there after witnessing a fight between a member of staff and a customer (two women no less), but things really have improved.

i dont understand why it was quiet on friday - maybe its going to take time to reverse the damage caused by the previous owners/staff.

oh, and i also drink in the Ranmoor Inn and West 10, both of which are also good in different ways.

So its:-

Bulls Head - for sport and reasonably priced food

West 10 - if i'm feeling in the mood for something a bit fancy

Ranmoor Inn - for a cosy, warm atmosphere and lovely beer garden out the back!

I still think the problem with the Bull's Head lies with the sun terrace on the front which, for some reason, simply does not look inviting but quite ugly. Whenever I drive past I think it doesn't look like a pub which screams 'come on in'. I also don't think poorly written blackboards and banners on the outside (promoting cheap beer and the like) fit in with the area and the type of pub the Bull's Head is supposed to be.

But it used to have a welcoming appeal before this unnecessary terrace was built. Indeed, from the outside it looked the classiest pub (and the car-park was regularly occupied by 4x4s, BMWs and Mercedez) in the region. And of course, the terrace has replaced much needed parking space.

But I sincerely hope the new team turns the place round. This won't happen overnight and one visit might not be enough. Give the guys a chance.

Archived