Chinese Sky Lanterns/Strange lights in the sky megathread

Saffy

OOh shush .. I let off my FIRST successful chinese lantern last week. I was SO SO impressed with myself.

I bought it from The Works (99p) ... whereas the others I got were from E Bay 5 for however much .. I forget ... they were useless!

This one filled and lifted ... hit the house, so everyone laughed and we expected a disaster .. but when we went to the other side of the house it had lifted high into the sky ... a beautiful red lantern. It was probably lucky that we werent having a drought because it hovered over the woods before burning out and ... disappearing ... but it was awesome. (I'm easily pleased)

OOh shush .. I let off my FIRST successful chinese lantern last week. I was SO SO impressed with myself.

I bought it from The Works (99p) ... whereas the others I got were from E Bay 5 for however much .. I forget ... they were useless!

This one filled and lifted ... hit the house, so everyone laughed and we expected a disaster .. but when we went to the other side of the house it had lifted high into the sky ... a beautiful red lantern. It was probably lucky that we werent having a drought because it hovered over the woods before burning out and ... disappearing ... but it was awesome. (I'm easily pleased)

Thats the worst case of chuffed I have ever witnessed.... :D:D

tomorrow is my sons birthday. i will be letting off 2 chinese lanterns one red and one blue. i am in parson cross. just thought i would warn everyone in advance so we dont get the

"aliens are coming" threads :loopy:

Good for you:loopy::loopy: