Chinese Sky Lanterns/Strange lights in the sky megathread

Saffy

just to disagree with the chinese lantern theory, further to my message below what exactly happened was, my boyfriend told me a week ago about a strange light he saw in the sky opposite our house when it reoccured this week he gave me a running commentry on what would happen next even down to aircraft appearing and following the light away. For two chinese lanterns a week apart in different weather conditions to act exactly the same seems to me to be stranger than a ufo.

I don't think it was a chinese lantern, but it was the only way of describing what I saw. It was a bright light almost like a flame but it changed colour it moved fairly quickly into our view, became stationery for a couple of minutes moved slowly down and then moved incredibly quickly away from us gaining hight but stayed visible, until it disappeared in the distance. On both nights the aircraft came from different directions, turned and followed the light.

Did anyone else see the dozens of bright red lights flowing across the sky above Stannington last night? I was out on the back garden after letting the dog in when all of a sudden dozens of bright red lights started drifting across the sky towards where we live. It was the strangest thing I have ever witnessed in my life. (And a little scary too if im being honest) The lights seemed to be high in the sky but travelled slowly towards me then slowed right down when just above me. They then started heading out towards Dungworth.

I have been racking my brains looking for a logical explanation to what I saw but nothing makes sense. Planes? No, a meteor shower? No, satelleites? No.

If I hadnt seen it with my own eyes I wouldnt have believed it, and even after it I was doubting myself. Anyone?