Chinese Sky Lanterns/Strange lights in the sky megathread

Saffy

what i saw deffinatley was no lanterns i was going to an allnighter waiting for the sound system to turn up when 2 of us saw them all my friends say i was tripping but i wasnt id only had half a bottle of vodka by that time these objects went from one end of the sky to the other in about 4 seconds side by side then one on top of the other.Cant wait to see them again. if im ever lucky enough.These objects wasnt chinese lanterns. :love:

• 4 weeks later...

Just seen a bright orange light moving across the sky faster than the clouds and the helicopter seemed quite interested in it. It was circling it with all the lights flashing. Anyone else seen it? And does anyone know if theres been any of those chinese lanterns tonight. I'm at Shiregreen.

I'm in Shiregreen too, A BIG HIYA! to Foxydebs, where you bin? who you seen? LOL:hihi:

Anyway...I saw a heli last night but it was def air ambulance on it's way to Nor Gen.

Could this have been one of those lanterns they let off at barbecues? Can't see much anyway from our house for flaming tree's..lol

I'm in Shiregreen too, A BIG HIYA! to Foxydebs, where you bin? who you seen? LOL:hihi:

Anyway...I saw a heli last night but it was def air ambulance on it's way to Nor Gen.

Could this have been one of those lanterns they let off at barbecues? Can't see much anyway from our house for flaming tree's..lol

If it was wednesday night I wasnt back in shiregreen till late as went out for a meal. Ive been busy with work. That would be telling who I had seen lol.

Was it the international space station you saw?

this was visible at just after 11:00 last night

If the clouds clear it will be visible again tonight at 9:56 and 11:32

and again tomorrow night at 10:20

look high in the southern sky and it travels in west to east direction

Well folks it looks as though we've had it tonight, for international space station watching as the big storm approaches!:(

Would liked to have seen this.

I guess there's lots out there to see and I dare say things watching us, we can't be the only things in this whole universe:hihi: