Where is the best place for Curry and chips

donniedarko

Having said that, I used to like the fish n' chips from Manor Top and the place on Pond Street.

i have to agree with the manor top chippy its the best, also the one on the park hill flats but i havent been there ages and ive heard there pants now ive been living in australia nearly a year and i really miss proper fish and chips

• 1 year later...

You can't beat Nirmals on Convent Walk, just off Glossop Road, for a sit down curry. Hong Kong Wok is great for a take out. It is situated on Abbeydale Road on the left going out of town about 100 metres before the bottom of Woodseats Road. The curry has a really different taste to the usual bland stuff served up in most Chinese takeaways and the prices are extremely reasonable.

Best chippy is one that I have recently discovered, which is opposite the Co-op on the shopping centre in Ecclesfield. Also, the recently opened one on Abbey Lane at Woodseats, next to the Lateshopper opposite The Abbey boozer, is excellent.

Archived