Sheffield Doc Fest...get involved...

green

The Sheffield Doc Fest team is pround to present the 14th Edition of the biggest documentary festival in the UK. Each year Doc Fest screens some of the best documentaries from around the world to cinemas packed with documentary fans, filmmakers, distributors and industry decision makers. The film programme takes audiences on journeys to the different corners of the globe with stories of the important political, social and environmental issues in the world today.

Highlights from the UK documentary industry this year include Ross Kemp, Louse Theroux and Kim Longinotto. All three will screen their latest documentaries and present masterclass sessions at the festival, discussing their most recent TV programmes. Over 5 days the festival will screen premieres of both international and UK docs - the European Premiere of JOY DIVISION opens the festival. Come along to the Showroom Cinema this November - watch films, attend masterclass sessions, meet the filmmakers and go along to the great parties.

Every nights there'll be a MUSIC DOC, a SPORTS DOC and a 'controversial' film in the aptly-named strand: THE ANTI DOC. Running throughout the festival is GREEN DOCS, a strand focusing on the enviromnent; STORYVILLE celebrates 10 years of the award winning BBC series; and BENT DOCS will showcase queer, gay/lesbian and transgender documentaries including Alexis Arquette: Shes's my Brother and the first doc on Islam and homosexuality, A Jihad for Love.

The whole schedule is printed in the Independant on Sunday today as an insert or for more info : http://www.sheffdocfest.com

i love the doc fest, i attended many events in 2005 but was away for last year's.

on the doc fest site it says they're looking for volunteers, so i volunteered, even to do stills as well, but i was told all the volunteer spaces had been filled! :huh:

which is a shame. as im a many times published photo-journalist who is extremely humble and willing to sweep floors, and am absolutely certain i'd be of use. but never mind.

i've bought tickets for the louis theroux and ross kemp masterclasses, anyway.

Archived