Aroma Restaurant - your opinions...

foodcritic

I went to Aroma a few times last summer. Company was terrible, but that wasn't the restaurant's fault. It was virtually empty then (only one or two other tables were in use - weekday evenings). Food was very good and prices not as bad as the exterior might suggest, and for what it's worth I've eaten in quite a few Indian places in my time! I had dessert as well, gulab jaman , which is a traditional Indian sweet, served with ice-cream, and it was excellent quality.

Serving staff were polite and efficient enough, but had that sort of disinterested, unenthusiastic "I'm not really a waiter/waitress I'm actually a secret superstar in training" attitude one tends to see a lot of in London/ Manchester and not as much in good old Sheffield.

Having not been back, I couldn't say if it's changed at all, but would certainly count it as worth a visit at some point to check it out again.

Archived