Aroma Restaurant - your opinions...

foodcritic

Mrs Nirmal epitomises the restaurateur of yesteryear. All about being the [huge] front of house character that picked your food for you because they knew best. It's old hat but still nice from time to time. The old Delhi Junction host was a of a similar Ilk. 1980's Italian restaurant's were the same too. It's not such a bad thing but moderation is key. I went to an Italian restaurant in Kensington about 4 months ago and the food was good but the waiter made the night, he was pure comedy.

Our chef Aftab Ahmed is from Lahore Pakistan we serve traditional food. Aftab has catered for the late Princess Diana and also catered for the wedding of Imran Khan and Jemima Goldsmith. I understand you may not of enjoyed it but you dont know what your talking about otherwise you wouldnt be calling us an Indian restaurant.

So is it Pakistani food?

Our chef Aftab Ahmed is from Lahore Pakistan we serve traditional food. Aftab has catered for the late Princess Diana and also catered for the wedding of Imran Khan and Jemima Goldsmith. I understand you may not of enjoyed it but you dont know what your talking about otherwise you wouldnt be calling us an Indian restaurant.

Forgetting current political divides, the cuisine of Lahore is Indian isn't it?

But since then the two countries might have developed individual cuisines ?

In my opinion not really. Both sets of people still eat very similar food. What has changed the cuisine if anything is 'globalisation'. More types of cheese, wine's, beer's, bread's, cereals, packaged foods are being eaten by Asians as more and more varieties are imported into the sub-continent.

In my opinion not really. Both sets of people still eat very similar food. What has changed the cuisine if anything is 'globalisation'. More types of cheese, wine's, beer's, bread's, cereals, packaged foods are being eaten by Asians as more and more varieties are imported into the sub-continent.

you mean like someone serving haggis as a British dish.

the Mumtaz in Bradford which i frequently visit is listed as an Indian restaurant. However it is definitively a Kashmiri restaurant. obviously it means within the realms of the food world.

the food is different to that served @ Estikutum for instance.

Archived