Piccalino's Restaurant Review

foodcritic

Because i dont work there! I just think if you are going to make such an effort to score something we should know how this score is derived. I also dont think a 'critic' can skip courses or it is not a true representation of the restaurant. My reason for posting the links was just to show that at least I have restaurant background to back up points i make.

Fair enough you have now justified the reason behind the '4' but I think those points should have been in the original review.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion of course. I just don't think it's a particularly desirable way of making a living - criticizing people's efforts publicly yet not ever having created anything or risked any money on a business/film/whatever, on which they themselves can be judged - only a few words offering what is only THEIR opinion - but one which can be very harmful to business, often extremely unfairly. People say they decide for themselves but many many people are put off establishments by reviews which contain even the slightest negative comment.

However eloquently a critique is written it is still only an opinion and should be brushed off by the reader as just that . make our own minds up thank you.

Too wordy and smug, like something you'd find in a Guardian food magazine about Tuscany.

I got bored reading it.

Hey! What an unfair post!

Crisply written and well-informed restaurant reviews in the weekend Guardian are a crucial part of my Saturday hangover recovery routine....

Archived